MEDIA ADVISORY 01/10/23
Financial Accounting Foundation Seeks Nominations for Board of Trustees MemberNorwalk, CT, January 10, 2023—The Board of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) today announced it is seeking nominations for an at-large Trustee. The new Trustee’s term will be appointed to a single five-year term beginning January 1, 2024.
The FAF Board of Trustees Appointments Committee seeks to recruit candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to ensure a balance of perspectives across the entire organization. All nominations must be received by the close of business on February 17, 2023.
FAF Board of Trustees
The FAF Board of Trustees oversees and supports the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) as they carry out their missions. Diverse experience, backgrounds, and perspectives are important to overseeing and promoting the independent standard-setting process. Ideal FAF Trustee candidates:
- Are highly regarded within their profession, possessing an understanding of the U.S. and global financial and capital markets, and have a strong appreciation for the importance to the markets, the investment community, and the public at large of independent standard setting for financial accounting and reporting.
- Are committed to the mission of the FAF, the FASB, and the GASB, demonstrating concern for the public interest, and have an appreciation for the varying interests and perspectives of investors and other users of financial information and the preparers and auditors of financial reports.
- Demonstrate experience as a corporate or not-for-profit board director or trustee including active governance and oversight responsibilities and committee membership.
- An academic thought leader with deep expertise in accounting and/or finance
- A senior leader with high-level experience in a financial regulatory role or in the executive or legislative branch of the federal government.
- Some experience with global standard setting.
Persons interested in nominating themselves or others for consideration as a FAF Trustee can apply for consideration by emailing a resume and/or CV to a confidential and dedicated email address at FAF@spencerstuart.com by February 17, 2023.